Department of Commerce
Message from The HOD
The Department of Commerce has continued to grow over the years in students’ enrolment and course offerings. It has recorded consistent improvement in its academic, research and placement performance. It offers innovatively designed programs whose curricula are constantly updated to meet the changing requirements of the industry and other stakeholders.
We have distinguished faculty who are highly dedicated and committed to nurturing business professionals. They are carefully selected and have exhibited high level of knowledge, skills and competence to achieve academic excellence.
The Department has always stood for Excellence and Service in academics and our students have been well accepted by reputed organizations for industrial attachment or internships and employment. Records show that they have consistently exceeded expectations of the industry. We are encouraged when we receive good reports or feedback from organisations or see them coming back to us. This reinforces our belief in the effectiveness of our curriculum and its suitability to the industry.
The Department is also committed to establishing academic and research collaborative linkages with appropriate organisations including research institutions. This promotes business innovations, market orientation and competitiveness.
With this brief introduction, I welcome you to be part of our journey towards being a world class centre of excellence in business education and research.
The Department of Commerce has a clear mission, focus and vision for the future and as an integral component of School of Business and Economics, it plays a pivotal role in leading on initiatives to deliver the Kabarak University's mission and vision.
To be a world class centre of Academic excellence with exemplary leadership in creation of business knowledge, research and consultancy founded on Biblical Christian values.
Our mission is to develop quality human resources, empower and nurture responsible and innovative leaders and managers to lead organizations and serve society by providing a holistic world class business education based on research, practical skills and Biblical Christian values.
To provide quality education in biblical perspective that transforms lives.
As members of Kabarak University family, we purpose at all times and in all places to set apart in ones heart Jesus Christ as Lord. (1Peter3:15).
- Integration of Christian faith in teaching and learning
- Excellence and Professionalism
- Market orientation
- Scholarly research
- Innovations and creativity
- Enterprise and career management
- Diversity, equity and Teamwork
- Accountability, Transparency and empowerment
- Service delivery to exceed customer expectation
- Patriotism and Service to society
The Department of Commerce offers the following Courses:
a) Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Procurement and Logistics Management (BPLM)
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management [BSc. HTM]
- Bachelor of Science in Economics and Statistics
- Bachelor of Science in Economics and Finance
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM) - Options: Accounting, Finance, Human Resource Management and Marketing Option.
- Bachelor of Business Information Technology(BBIT)
- Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness Management[AGBM]
- Bachelor of Business Management and Information technology ( BMIT)
- Bachelor of Science in Economics and Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in Economics
- Diploma in Public Relations
- Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Diploma in Project Management
- Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Diploma in Procurement and Logistics[DPL]
- Diploma in Business Management[DBM]
- Diploma in Business Information Technology( DBIT)
- Diploma in Hospitality Management[DHM]
- Diploma in Tourism Management[DTM]